Sonshi.com's The Art of War by Sun Tzu is the consummate translation backed by the most reputable scholars in the field. It is not the common Giles version found on many websites. Countless hours were required to meticulously render each individual character from the original Chinese text.
Finally, an Art of War version you can feel good about reading!
- Introduction by Sonshi.com
- Chapter One: Calculations
- Chapter Two: Doing Battle
- Chapter Three: Planning Attacks
- Chapter Four: Formation
- Chapter Five: Force
- Chapter Six: Weakness and Strength
- Chapter Seven: Armed Struggle
- Chapter Eight: Nine Changes
- Chapter Nine: Army Maneuvers
Chapter Nine: Army Maneuvers (continued)
- Chapter Ten: Ground Formation
- Chapter Eleven: Nine Grounds
Chapter Eleven: Nine Grounds (continued)
- Chapter Twelve: Fire Attacks
- Chapter Thirteen: Using Spies
If you want to master the entire Sun Tzu "The Art of War" book (and download our translation in printable Acrobat PDF, Word DOC, and Text formats), sign up for the Sonshi Strategy Course. From the editors of Sonshi.com.
You can read our translation in book form with insightful commentary by purchasing Sonshi.com's official Art of War edition, The Art of War.Spirituality for Conflict: Annotated & Explained.
For user interpretations of Sun Tzu verses, simply click on "?" while reading; or add your own interpretation.
Sun Tzu not enough? Read other great strategy works available on Sonshi.com.